"In many disciplines, for the majority of graduates, the Ph.D. indicates the logical conclusion of an academic career." Marc Bousquet

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Arrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh!

I broke my Kindle.

Have an iPad with Kindle app, but I like reading on the Kindle screen. So I'm getting a replacement.

Aaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhh.

If my eyesight weren't as bad as it is, I'd totally be one of those people against the e-readers. But, holy $hit, I can enlarge the text on these things and read without straining my eyes, and you have no idea how awesome that is!!

I'm sold.

I got the Kindle first, right around the time I was finishing the diss. Everybody talks about how nice it is to be able to read for pleasure again, at least for a little while, after finishing the diss. For me, with the Kindle, that was true on a whole other level.

Unwittingly, the tech industry invented something they hoped to make money off of from the general public but also ended up with something incredibly useful for a minority population.

No complaints here...

No comments:

Post a Comment