"In many disciplines, for the majority of graduates, the Ph.D. indicates the logical conclusion of an academic career." Marc Bousquet

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Woohoo!! I'm still a thirty-something (um, for a little longer, and that's the story I'm sticking to for as looooooooooooooooooong as I can get away with it).


So, yeah, birthdays. Bleah. I still get called the occasional "young lady," but ... it's all going to catch up with me sooner or later. Hopefully later? Or ... never??

Anyway, Peaches and I have dinner reservations here:


Where you can get food that looks like this:

(not all veg pictured here but you get the idea)  
One of their best vegetarian appetizers is this:

(Palak Chaat: "Fried crispy baby spinach leaves with yogurt and sweet tamarind and date chutney.")
I am sooooooooooooo already hungry!

Have any of you done anything fun or interesting for a birthday recently?

4 comments:

  1. Now I am hungry! And I am not even a vegetarian (quite the contrary)! Happy birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! And oh my god, is that an Indian restaurant?? I think I just decided what kind of food Partner and I are eating for our anniversary tomorrow...

    Hope it's a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Indian is correct! But this is no ordinary Indian place. You have to make dinner reservations like a month in advance if you want any chance of getting a table. It was worth it, though -- many times better even than it looks!

    Most. Delicious. Indian. Food. Ever.

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! I'm not a vegetarian either but this looks delicious. I love eating Indian food too.

    ReplyDelete