"In many disciplines, for the majority of graduates, the Ph.D. indicates the logical conclusion of an academic career." Marc Bousquet

Thursday, October 13, 2011

You Room 19 Motherfuckers, Where Are You?

So, I get to work today, and no one's in the office so I can listen to music (I hate listening through headphones, though probably sooner or later I'm just going to give in and get a really good pair).

I turn on Pandora, and "Sweet Jane" is the first thing that comes on. A a most excellent version, too, though not this one (couldn't find video for the version I heard):


And it reminded me of Room 19. And if there are any readers out there who know what the fuck I'm talking about -- and better yet, were there playing this shit and drinking 'til 3 in the morning all those shitty yet awesome nights -- drop me a line, OK? I don't miss grad school, but I do miss playing with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment