"In many disciplines, for the majority of graduates, the Ph.D. indicates the logical conclusion of an academic career." Marc Bousquet

Monday, April 11, 2011

Just as Well...

That I didn't make it to NeMLA. I woke up with a nasty cold Saturday morning (really, I felt it coming on Friday after dinner) and would have spent the day holed up in my hotel room. Probably, I would have made it worse by staying up late and drinking Friday night ('cuz, you know, what else is there to do of an evening at a conference when the job market is as bad as it is but commiserate over drinks?).

Anyway, this evil bug has had me sneezing and coughing all weekend and seems to be abating just in time for the work week to begin. Awesome!
(Image credit: Hal Mayforth, The Wall Street Journal, March 3, 2009: "There Are No Simple Answers to Beating the Common Cold")

No comments:

Post a Comment