"In many disciplines, for the majority of graduates, the Ph.D. indicates the logical conclusion of an academic career." Marc Bousquet

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yoga Makes Me Happy

What does it say about me that the only time I'm really happy these days is when I'm doing yoga? It's not just true of my post academic life; it was true of a good portion of my dissertation writing days, too.

I've been a little out of practice lately, starting the new job and having had the flu for a bit before that.

I went to classes on Saturday and, with one of my favorite teachers, on Sunday. Today, I stood on my head for the first time in several months, and it felt amazing.

A funny thing: My vision impairment affects my Drishti, because it affects my ability to fix my gaze on a single point, which is especially important in balancing postures, like Tree Pose.

It's easier for me to stand on my head than to stand on one foot!

Indeed, "Not damaged. Not dysfunctional. Just different."

No comments:

Post a Comment